Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Jimmy John's Story

   “Hello, welcome to Jimmy John’s.” That is a sentence I say at least fifty times whenever I work at Jimmy John’s. I love working at JJ’s. But, something happened at JJ’s the one day that made me think "she needs to get out of her comfort zone."
   There are four different managers at JJ’s. And, that day the main manager was trying to train another manager, we will call her Betty, because they are planning to open another store. The boss told Betty that she needs to learn to tell others what to do. Betty yelled “No!” I was so surprised by her outburst I looked back at her and she said “shut up,” in a joking tone. But, I could tell that she was still uncomfortable. Why do you think she was uncomfortable? I’ll tell you why: she was doing things outside her comfort zone.
   I’m the same way as Betty. Unless I know someone really well, or I actually know what I’m doing, I’m not comfortable telling people what to do. However, sometimes we are required to do things we don’t want to do. If we never do things we aren’t comfortable doing we never grow. See we can have people believe in us; but if we don’t believe in ourselves then we will never learn or grow. I believe in Betty; and I believe that she will be a great store manager when she believes in herself like everyone else does.
   So are you going to step outside you comfort zone so that God can teach you new things; or are you going to stay stagnant and never grow to the point where God can use you?
   Joshua 1:9, 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment