Saturday, June 4, 2016

Living in Darkness

   Darkness: it is a word that either comforts people or freaks them out. For example I enjoy darkness when I am sleeping; but I dislike it when I am trying to find my way around the house in the dark. See we need light in order to see. If we didn’t then God wouldn’t have created light.
   I remember this one time when I was younger I was walking downstairs because I could not sleep. I didn’t want to disturb anyone but I kept hitting walls and things because I couldn’t see. I got downstairs and I turned on the tv, which made a buzzing noise. By the time I got it turned off my mom was up, she turned on the light, and asked me if I was okay. I told her I was, but I was a little freaked out because of the loud noise the tv made.
   In that situation things were not made right until the light was turned on. It is the same way with our Christian walk. At first, we like darkness because that is what the world lives in. The world is filled with sinners living in darkness. We don’t know which path to take because we cannot see the paths we are walking. Then, once we have the light, we know which path is the right one.
   The light/paths can be different for everyone. It can be a friend, experience, or anything really that directs you or helps you see the right path. Once we see the light and right path we need to keep following it. As we go we will see more and more light; because, so long as you are on the right path, you will grow in God more and more. If you stray from the path or turn back to the darkness your growth will not continue and problems will arise. We need to keep following the guiding light even when it is difficult.
   So, are you living in darkness or following the light? Are you leading others to the light?
   1 John 1:5-7, John 11:10, Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment