Saturday, March 25, 2017

Dancing with Jesus in the Storm

   There is a quote that I have used in other blogs that goes like this: “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” Many times people want all of their troubles to go away. Any time we have problems we think “God is horrible.” But, when things are good we say “we are blessed.” Or, we don’t give any praise to God.
   Many people have problems when they face the storms and rollercoasters in life. That is because those people do not know the secret of how to deal with those problems. In order for you to discover what that secret is I’m going to take you through a lesson I taught to my students during student teaching.
   Close your eyes and, if possible, play this music on this link (if you cannot play the music then just read on). When you heard the music you may have pictured a calm ocean. A gentle breeze blows across your face. How do you feel? You probably feel peace, calmness, or tranquility.
   Now, play the music on this link (once again if you cannot play the music just read on). What did you picture when you heard this music, or how did you feel? You may have pictured a person heading off to war. You may have felt pumped up or angry. But, you probably did not feel peace.
   Believe it or not, I actually felt peace more during the second song. That song is what played before every single one of my soccer home games. We would walk out to that song and it would get me in the zone. That song reminded me that, even though I was nervous for the game, I knew what I was doing. I had prepared for this by practicing my goalkeeping skills. Thus, I felt peace.
   And yet, as I have stated before, goalkeeping is a stressful position. How then could I have felt peace? I felt peace because I was prepared and I knew that no matter what happened God was with me. I was in the middle of a place where there was a lot of pressure but I felt peace.
   When problems come in life we need to remember to keep our eyes fixed on God. We cannot focus on the problem and say “God is horrible.” We need to trust in God because he can use all of these things for good. He has a plan. We can know that everything happens for a reason. That reason may be to help us grow, to help us trust in God, or to reach someone else for Christ. But, whatever the reason may be, it is vital for us to learn to dance with Jesus during the storm.
   So, when trials come in life do you trust in God or turn on him? Do you know that peace is not found in the calm times in life but in the storms when we trust in God? Are you working on improving your relationship with God so you can have peace when problems come?
   Philippians 4:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment