Saturday, March 6, 2021

How Much Can You Handle?

   In my Kindergarten classroom we are talking about habitats and life cycles. To do that we have gotten an ant habitat so we can observe ant and talk about what they need.
   Through this experience I have learned more about ants. Ants can lift 20 times their own weight. But what would happen if that ant would try to lift something heavier than that? It would get squashed.
   Many times people are like ants. We all live together in the habitat called earth. We all work in different ways but we work for the greater good. And, we get dealt more than we think we can handle. Maybe you messed up at work, a coworker yelled at you, your friend blamed you for something you didn't do, a family member died, and you are having health problems. All of that may be happening at the same time and you begin to crumple under the weight of all of that.
   I've heard many people say "God's will never give you more than you can handle." Well, no disrespect to those people but I disagree with that. I've been through a lot in my life and I've had times where a lot of bad things happen at once. And, in those times, I break down. I feel like I can't go on and I crumble under the weight of all of it, if I try to get through it on my own.
   I want to change this saying. I have started to say that "God will never give you more than you can handle with him." God is always on our side but we need to learn to lean on him. When we start to crumble under the weight of our problems we can either keep trying to handle all of the weight on our own. Or, we can call on God and say "I need you! I cannot do this on my own. Please help me be strong in you."
   I don't know about you but I've already got a pretty bad back. I cannot carry the weight of all of my problems. So I have given all of my problems to God. He comes in, grabs the rock of all of our problems, and takes it off of us. Will all of our problems be fixed the exact way we want them to? No, but God has a perfect plan for our lives. He will be with us every step of the way if we choose to walk with him.
   So, will you continue to try and keep the weight of all of your problems up on your own? Will you choose to lean on God when you are not strong? Will you trust that God has a perfect plan for your life?
   Proverbs 3:5-6, 1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment