Saturday, February 27, 2021

Jesus' Bubble


   As a teacher, you would expect that I would get hugs from students; because students are very touchy feely. It's true, I do get hugs from students. However, my love language is not physical touch. In fact, if someone is standing too close to me I feel like I need to move.
   See, I have what I call a large bubble. If someone stands too close in that bubble I get on edge. Some people have small bubbles. They enjoy standing really close to others. They like hugs and handshakes. I don't get it, but if you have a small bubble maybe you do.
   No matter how big or small your bubble is I'm sure there is someone who had a smaller one. Maybe you know him? His name is Jesus. Think about it: how many times was Jesus surrounded by a crowd? How many times did he touch someone to heal them? How many times did random people touch him in order to be healed?
   I remember in college we watched a clip from the musical Jesus Christ Superstar. In the clip Jesus is overwhelmed with all the requests of the people. The people surround him and basically Jesus says "it's too much." Does this sound like Jesus to you? Because, it doesn't to me. Jesus can handle all of our needs and prayers. We may not understand that, because of our finite minds, but it's true.
   Now, that doesn't mean that Jesus gives us everything we ask for. He's a good father. If you had children and they asked for candy for supper every night, would you give it to them? No, God knows what we need.
   We can choose to give it all to him. He can handle your problems. We don't  have to carry our burdens. Your chains of burdens can be gone. Jesus is a big boy, with a tiny bubble. He will take your burden so you can be closer to him.
   So, do you believe God will take your burden? Have you chosen to give your burdens to him so you can be closer to him? What can you do to remind someone who is struggling with burdens that they can give it to Jesus today?
   Matthew 11:28-30 and Psalm 55:22
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment