Saturday, March 3, 2018

Do You Care?

   When I was in my first semester of college I stayed on campus. While there I hung out with new friends, completed school work, and grew in God.
   One day my friends and I were walking up to our dorm. I was talking with them about different things. One of the girls was on the soccer team, and I was not. I mentioned something about playing soccer in high school and the girl said she didn't know I played soccer. I said "I've said I have played soccer before." She said "I don't know your life." This was a common saying of the girls in the dorm because it was in a movie. I finally said to her, "do you care?"
   Many times we walk through life thinking about what we need to do next. We also think about our needs, or the needs of our family members. I'm not saying that's not important, what I am saying is that I feel we have gotten away from what God called us to do.
   Your life is not about you, it is about what God can do through you. The order of precedence in your life should spell JOY: Jesus, Others, and You. Your relationship with God should come first then your relationship with others. It is only through this order in life that we will make an impact on others and reflect God's glory.
   I'm not saying that we need to drop everything and go to another country to help others. You can make choices every day to show others that you care about them. Rather than saying, "I don't know your life." You can take the time to get to know others. You can simply ask someone how her day is going, and actually listen intently to the answer. You could give someone a gift like chocolate or their favorite food. It does not have to be big and extravagant, just do something to make a difference and reflect God's glory. Then others will look at you and see something different. This will make them wonder what is different and you could have a chance to share your faith.
   So, have you been choosing to say: "I don't know your life" instead of getting to know people? Is your list of priorities in the order of JOY? How can you make a difference and reflect God's glory today?
   Philippians 2:4 and Matthew 6:33 

No comments:

Post a Comment