Saturday, January 12, 2019

Playing Uno

   I like to play and make up games. I like doing that so much that my family calls me the entertainment center. One game we like to play on long trips in the car is uno. When I get my cards to play this game I make a plan. We are talking I look at all of my cards, put them in order even if they don't match because I'm hoping my siblings will put down a card I need, and I try to stick to the plan. Sometimes the plan works, sometimes it doesn't.
   One day while playing Uno, I thought about why I make a plan. I make the plan because I'm hoping to win, but many times my plan doesn't work or I need to change it. This made me think about plans we make in our lives.
   Proverbs 19:21 says: "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." We make plans every day. We are going to get up, eat breakfast, go to work or school, eat dinner, watch tv, then go to bed. Let me ask you this: do your plans always happen? I know mine don't. In fact, may times my plans change for one reason or another; and I don't have control over it sometimes. God's plan prevails.
   We don't know why things happen because we are not God. But, we know he has a reason for everything he does. He loves us and does what is best for us, even if that means I lose in Uno ;) He has a plan for your life. Will you trust him with your life and follow him?
   Jeremiah 29:11
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment