Saturday, February 16, 2019

More than Conquerors

   I like challenges. Actually, let me rephrase that, I like challenges I can beat. When I come upon a challenge, I make sure I can beat it; or, if I can't, I work hard to beat it eventually. I am very athletic and competitive. I like to play sports and win. I also like to beat challenges at work (wherever I am working). But, like many of you I'm sure, I don't like failing challenges.
   I play video games, not gory video games. I like to win and beat the game, but it's not always easy. Just like all my other challenges, I have to work to beat it. But, the problem is I don't always have the skill to beat them.
   Have you ever felt that way? Have you ever felt like you don't have the skill to beat challenges you are given? Maybe you have a long to do list that you feel like you will never get done. Maybe you know someone doesn't like you and you keep trying to get that person to like you but it's not working. Or, maybe you have a sin that you keep going back to that you cannot defeat.
   Have you ever given up on a challenge you couldn't defeat? I'm sure that we all have. Have you ever given up trying to stop sinning? I hope you have not. I know many of us have sins that we feel get the better of us. We may even feel like Satan is on our back making us go back to that sin. He's not, but the temptation may make it seem that way. How can we defeat someone who is so strong?
   We cannot defeat Satan. But, there is someone who already defeated him: Jesus. Jesus defeated Satan. In fact, it wasn't even a challenge for Jesus. He crushed Satan under his foot like Satan was an ant. Therefore, if we have Jesus in us, we are more than conquerors (Rom.8.31-39).
   It is like Jesus gives us a power up that makes us invincible. We may die on earth but we have eternal life because Jesus paid it all. He took away all of our sins. That doesn't mean he took away all of our challenges. We still face challenges; but, during those challenges, we can have peace because we know the war is already won.
   So, when you face hard challenges what will you do? Will you choose to trust in Jesus? Do you believe that you are more than a conqueror through Jesus?
   Roman's 8:31-39, James 2:1-4, 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment