Saturday, February 9, 2019

Perfect Timing


   Have you ever had a time where you were feeling really down? It just seems like you cannot win and people don't care. I have had a few days like that. One time in particular stands out.
   I had just gone through coaching pre-season for soccer (which means 2-3 practices a day that are 1-2 hours long for 2 weeks every day except for weekends). I had also begun a new job. I was worn out from working a lot both in soccer and at my job. I was also overthinking things that happened at soccer and work.
   My family decided to go to Infinito’s to celebrate my sister and I surviving pre-season. While we were hungry, my sister and I didn't eat much. We both kind of wanted to sleep because we had been out in the heat for 2 hours. We finished our pizza and then walked to Dollar Tree, which is the best store in the world if you are a teacher. I got some items so I could survive the next week, can you say coffee?
   Then I walked across the street to go back to our car. My sister was behind me a bit further because she was holding the door for someone. As I was walking across the street like a zombie, a car passed behind me and I heard some people yell, "Shoe!" (That's what they called me, long story) I turned around and saw 5 of my old teammates from LBC.  I got so excited and yelled "hi." Then one of my friends saw my sister and said, "hey little Shoe."  My sister was happy to be recognized and I was happy to see my friends. We didn't talk at all really but my spirits were raised because I was reminded of good times with friends, and that I'm still not alone.
   Now, if I hadn't gone to Infinito’s, gone to Dollar Tree, or walked out at that exact time I wouldn't have seen my friends. God's timing was perfect; and he knew I needed a pick me up, even if it was a little one. God knows what we need and when we need it. He works through coincidences to help remind us that he is with us and in control. I could go into many more coincidences that happened that brightened my day but I will not because you get the idea.
   So, do you believe that God's timing is perfect? Do you know that God works through coincidences? Will you trust in his plan?
   Isaiah 40:31 and Proverbs 3:5-6
   Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment