Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Search


   It’s funny how much we can learn from animals. Typically I find that you can learn a lot of lessons from dogs. It’s helpful if you find the right dog for you.
   Recently, my family’s dog, Yoyo, died. We missed him so much but we began the task of searching for our next family dog. We looked so many places. We tried to decide if we should get a puppy, an older dog, a boy, or a girl. We also thought about if we wanted a shelter dog or one from a pet store. Needless to say there was a lot of thought that went into this process; and I have not even talked about the breed of dog we were looking for.
   We searched, and searched, and searched. Finally, we found the dog for us. Jak Jak is a Chion (Chihuahua and Papillon). He is about 3 months old. We rescued him today. My family is all happy to have a fur baby to love again. And, the greater miracle is that we all liked this dog, which is saying something for my family.
   Anyhow, this search got me thinking about Jesus. Jesus died on the cross for all of us. However, some of us choose not to follow him even after we hear the good news of the Gospel. Yet, Jesus died so that none will perish (2 Peter 3:9). Jesus loves all of us. He searches for all of us. He didn’t just pick one of us to save he saved us all, whether we want to be saved or not. (Believe me if my sister and I could save all of the puppies we would have :D That’s how great God’s love was for us. He goes after us. We don’t need to go after him, though eventually if you are a Christian you do go after God.
   So, today I encourage you to be thankful for what Jesus has done for you. I encourage you to think about how Jesus is searching for you if you don’t know him as your savior.
   P.S. I am sure you will be hearing more about Jak Jak in the future! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment