Saturday, May 25, 2019

GPS: God's Personal Saving


   When I was in college I worked at a sub shop called Jimmy John's. It is a place where subs are made fast, the ingredients are fresh, and the delivery is freaky fast. When I applied they were looking for delivery drivers. That was the last thing I wanted to do, because I like to know exactly where I am going, but I became a delivery driver. That meant that my GPS and I became BFFs.
   I was working in an area I didn't know that well. Many times I would have to go into business and try to locate a person who ordered from JJ's. There were a lot of unknowns in this job. Many times I could rely on my GPS to get me where I needed to go. However, sometimes my GPS wasn't updated or didn't know the place I was in. That's when I had to figure out things for myself. Many times that meant calling the store, calling the person who ordered, and possibly driving around for a while.
   During one of my trips I was thinking about how thankful I was for my GPS. Then a thought came into my head... why is it easier for some people to trust a GPS than it is for them to trust in God? I relied on that machine more than I relied on God sometimes. There are also many people out there who rely on technology more than others and more than God.
   Here's the thing about GPS: it will fail. It may not be right away but someday that GPS may not know where you are, it may take you the wrong way, it could take you into heavy traffic, or it could die. Meanwhile, God never fails. He won't die or lead you the wrong way. He always knows where you are at. God is always with you. You may not understand his plan but it is good. You may question why things are happening in the world at times but if you rely on God as much as you rely on that GPS what would happen? God walks with you; you just need to trust in your God's Personal Saving machine.
   So, do you rely on things other than God? Do you trust that God has a plan for you? Will you choose to walk with God?
   Proverbs 3:5-6 and Romans 8:28
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment