Sunday, May 12, 2019

I'm Changing My Name: A Mother's Day Blog


   One day I walked into the classroom where I work (I'm an assistant preschool teacher) and the first thing I heard was "hi Miss Kat." The students call me that. Then I went over to say hi to the teacher I work with. Let's call her Amy. I started talking with her about the day and I heard, "Ms. Amy he took my toy." Amy took care of it. Then a minute later I heard, "Ms. Amy I am wearing a new dress." After Amy said, "that's very nice." I heard, "Ms. Amy I want snack." Amy looked at me and said, "I'm changing my name."
   Some of you may laugh at this story because it is funny. Others may laugh because you've been in the same situation. Yet, others may just think it's a pointless story. See, Amy and I work with 3-5 year olds. They need a lot of help to solve problems, do normal tasks, and learn about their world. And, we don't have only 1 or 2 of them in our class. We have 13-18 each day! I'm sure mothers understand the concept of wanting to change their name because of being called on to help so much.
   Sometimes people, mothers especially, may wonder why they do everything they do. Sometimes they may wonder is it worth it? Sometimes they may just think, "I never get any free time." Then they get a hug, a card, or someone says "thank you" and they realize that it's all worth it. Eventually that child is going to grow up and not need you as much. Be thankful for the time you have with that child in that season.
   This also applies to our Christian walk. Jesus never lost patience with us. When we ignore him for so long because things are going well, he still loves us. When we treat him like a genie and ask for all our wishes that we may or may not need he still loves us. When we walk away from him and sin he still loves us. He didn't make the choice to change his name. He chose to die on the cross so he could have a relationship with us.
   What's that mean for us? It means that we need to follow his example. Sure, there will probably be times where we want to change our names because of everything going on; but we need to keep trying to grow to be like Jesus. We need to try to have patience and show love to others like Jesus does.
   So, have you ever lost patience with someone? What could you do to try to be more patient with others? How can you grow in Christ today?
   Romans 12:12 and Galatians 6:9
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment