Saturday, January 11, 2020

Hall of Faith Series Ending

   “Build a strong faith in God through daily commitment in reading and obeying God’s word” (Lailah Gifty Akita).
   Through this whole series I hope you were able to learn some lessons from people who had faith. One lesson I learned was that it is not easy to have faith. I knew that before I even started this series but it became even more evident as the series went on. The people in the Hall of Faith are there because even when things got tough they trusted God in the end.
   At the beginning of the series I invited you to check out the song Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns. In the song is says “Oh what I would do to have, The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in, Onto the crashing waves.” Peter was asked to do something crazy. It was something that was not possible in our human minds. Yet, he still did it. The song goes on to say, “The waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me… they keep on telling me time and time again, ‘boy, you’ll never win!” When Peter stepped out in faith and kept his eyes on Jesus he was fine. Then he looked at the storm going on around him and started to sink. This is the part where we say Peter failed.
   The people in the Hall of Faith were not perfect. Moses was a murderer, Rahab was a prostitute, Samson relied on his own strength, David was an adulterer, and they all made mistakes. Many times we feel bad and guilty when we mess up. We think that God may never be able to use us again or that he won’t forgive us. That just isn’t true. God can use our weaknesses for his glory. He changes our weaknesses into strengths. We just have to trust in him, grow in him, and have faith. We must listen to the Voice of Truth that says “Do not be afraid! And the voice of truth says, ‘this is for my glory.’” God loves us no matter what we do. The people in the Hall of Faith knew that and loved Him back. They reflected his glory.
   So, what lessons have you learned from this series? What can you do to strengthen your faith in God?
Hebrews 11
   Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment