Saturday, April 15, 2023

Alone

   One day my co-teachers were mocking about how my definition of fun is different from theirs. I was okay with that because I do have fun but it's not the kind of fun they like to have. Then one said, "oh but remember, she's a different person now because she has a boyfriend." I was like, "I'm not different, I'm the same person." She replied, "yeah you are, I'd never thought I would see you with a boyfriend."

   To be honest I was a bit shocked. I asked, "why." She said because I never seemed interested in anyone. That's when I realized that my coworkers didn't know me as well as I thought they did.

   Now, I am a very open person. If someone asks me a question, I answer honestly. But I realized that I didn't share about how alone I felt at times. See, as Christians, we are to love others, reflect God's glory, and spread the good news. But it's not always easy to share your weaknesses. Especially when those weaknesses make others possibly question God.

   I know that I'm never alone. I know Joshua 1:9 says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” I know that. But it's not always easy to feel that God is with you when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

   Usually I have found in those moments that I need to stop focusing on my worries or fear. Instead I need to focus on God. I read the Bible, pray, and change how I think. That made me not feel so alone.

   So, when you feel alone, what do you do? How often do you spend time with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment