Saturday, April 1, 2023

I Am With You

     Hard times: they always seem to come up in life. People hurt us, we make mistakes, the world seems to come against us. In those times we must remember that we are not alone.

   I was reminded of this fact as I watched the 2019 version of The Lion King. In this movie a young lion named Simba loses his father in a tragic way. Simba grows up and seems to be trying to forget his past. Then, one night, his father Mufasa comes to him as a ghost. He says to Simba: "As king I was proud of one thing, you as my son. That alone. No, that is forever. I never left you. I never will. Remember who you are."

   Think about that quote. Now, think about God saying that quote to you (replace son with daughter if you are female). God is always with us. It doesn't matter what we have done in the past. It doesn't matter what we will do in the future. God is with us. He never leaves us. In hard times we should remember that. That's how much he loves us.

   I encourage you to think about that today. Think about how much the Lord loves you. Think about how he is always with you. What can you do to remind others of that fact in hard times?

   Joshua 1:9


No comments:

Post a Comment