Saturday, January 20, 2024

Chosen

    About a year ago I began a journey I never thought I would take online dating. Throughout the course of that journey, I talked with a lot of guys. I only met a few of them. Some of them may have chosen to go on dates with me or to meet but they were not the ones I chose, and they didn’t choose to continue the relationship with me.

   That is, until I met Nate. We began as friends meeting for coffee. It was clear he had a heart for God and wanted someone who had that as well. We found we had similar interests and enjoyed talking about the same things. After about a month, Nate asked me to be his girlfriend. During the time as his girlfriend, there were definitely ups and downs in our relationship and in our lives. That’s the way it is with any relationship. 

   Up until January 14, 2024, we were still choosing one another in a dating relationship. But on that day, Nate chose me. He asked me to marry him. I said yes. After, I reflected on a lot. One of the things I reflected on was how good it felt to be chosen.

   Here’s the thing though, I was already chosen. I was chosen by God. 1 Peter 2:9 says, “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” We are chosen people. God chose us. He chose us before he created the Garden of Eden or anything in the universe. He chose us when he sent Christ to die for us. And that feels great.

   So, do you know you have been chosen? How can you remember that you have been chosen?



No comments:

Post a Comment