Saturday, March 9, 2024

A Battle

   I've talked about feeling suckerpunched before. I've found that it happens when things seem to be going well but suddenly you are attacked. That happened to me one time and it was a struggle.

   Things were going well; I was on a God high. Then I felt taken for granted, I was tired, and changes were happening all around me. I suddenly felt weak, alone, upset, and angry. I faced a battle within myself. Knowing that God was with me was on one side. The other side was it was unfair, I should just leave, and I wanted to punch something.

   I prayed. God, why? Why is this happening? You know how hard this was for me the last time. Why would you let this happen again?

   He wasn't afraid of my question, my tears, or my anger. He was glad I came to him. God answered me. My devotion reminded me to step away from the victim mentality because in him I'm more than a conqueror.

   The next morning, I was doing my other devos. Proverbs 3:5-6 reminded me to trust in God. In his plan because he has one for me. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 told me that I am to share my weaknesses. Also reminded me that God works through coincidences. He is with me.

   Then my heart began to sing "Confidence" by Sanctus Real. I can face my giants with God. He's on my side. I'm his daughter. He loves me and is with me.

   So what battle are you facing? How can you rely on God and remember he is with you?



No comments:

Post a Comment