Saturday, March 2, 2024

Let It Go, It Holds No Power Over You

    I enjoy reading books. Melanie Dickenson is an author who writes books based off fairy tales and adds Christian messages to them. One book is called The Merchants Daughter based off of Beauty and the Beast.

   In the book Beast is the way he is because his wife hated him after he was maimed. She no longer loved him because of the way he looked. Eventually the wife leaves but Beast cannot let go of the power she holds over him. He thinks no one can ever love him because of how he looks so he pushes everyone away.

   While reading this book, I said "Beast just needs to let go of the hold the past has on him." As I said it, I realized that I also hold on the past. Philippians 3:3-4 says, "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." This verse tells us that we need to forget about what's behind us. Yes, those experiences shaped us into who we are today, but they no longer have a hold on us because God changed us. 

   No matter what you have done in your past, God has wiped it clean. He loves you and walks with you. Nothing man has said or done to you matters in the long run. In eternity none of it will matter. That doesn't mean God doesn't care about what we are going through. It just means that in eternity it won't feel like a log has hit us like it may now. It won't even feel like a toothpick hitting us because there will be no sorrow or pain in heaven. Won't that be amazing?

   So, does the past have a hold on you? How can you trust God with your past and your future? 

 https://youtu.be/IE6mrzaZbP0?si=nsPh-8lsgW13CGyU




No comments:

Post a Comment