Saturday, March 16, 2024

Study for Your Retest

   One day I was talking with my boyfriend about teaching and how much of it relates to our relationship with God. It was a bit of a rough week with the kids. They were having trouble listening and following the rules. My boyfriend asked me how I handle when that happens. I related it to something I talked about at Lancaster Bible College.

   A large area of discussion in education is whether teachers should give retests. If I was not Christian, I would probably say, "no, retests should not be given. You should have studied the first time." But God gives retests. When we fail and sin, God forgives us and lets us try again. Thank goodness in his grace, he does, or no one would be with him in heaven. 

   That's why I told my boyfriend that I give my students another chance. I forgive them and pray that they grow and learn their lesson. At that point, my boyfriend looked at me and said, "I'm glad God gives retests, I'm in one right now."

   See, my boyfriend had been in one other serious relationship before. That relationship did not work out because he wasn't focused on growing in God as much at that point in his life. After he said he was in a retest, I replied, "well at least you have studied for this retest." My boyfriend was seeking God at that point. He was growing in God and learning more about him. He was following Colossians 2:6-7 which says, "Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving."

   As Christians, we aren't meant to stay stagnant in our walk with God. We are to be rooted in him. We should have deep roots going down searching for spiritual water to grow in God. Each day, we should be spending time with God, so we are growing in him. Then when tests or trials come, and they will, we will have the answers to that test. We will be able to refute Satan with scripture because we are rooted in God.

   So, are you studying for your tests and retests? How will you spend time with God each day?

https://youtu.be/vsPR6Tcq4Wg



No comments:

Post a Comment