Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Shoe is One Year Old!

   So, it is the anniversary of my blog and that got me thinking about all the posts I have done so far. You know, it is funny, when I think about how I used to be scared to share my thoughts. Then I realized that God had given me a gift for writing. He gives us all gifts; and if we do not use them we can lose them. Honestly, when I was younger, I was not really a fan of writing down my feelings or my thoughts. But, as I grew up, the words just started to pour out of me and I wondered why. That’s when I discovered the gift.
   I began to use my gift. I wrote a few books but I never showed them to anyone, at least, not until they were done. See, when I wrote it felt like a part of me was being poured out onto the page. I was sharing some of my experiences, problems, and emotions in my books. I did not want anyone to know the real me. Then I had an experience at Camp Yolijwa where I realized that it is okay to show others the real me. So I began to share my books with a few friends; and I opened up more to them. It was a great feeling but, after going to Lancaster Bible College, I realized it was not enough.
   I began to have these thoughts and ideas come into my mind. I started forming my own worldview. I realized that there are a lot of lost people out there who need to hear the word. And I began to think to myself “how can I spread the word more?” So I started a blog because I realized that there may be people out there who need or want to hear what I have to say.
   I once had a very good friend of mine tell me something I have never forgot. She was giving me advice on life and it finally opened up my eyes to a solution. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart and she said “whatever you heard that helped you did not come from me, it came from God." I did not really understand how she could say that, until now. I look back at my posts and I’m astounded at what I have said. Sometimes I have no idea where certain things I talked about came from. And then I realize that it did not come from me; it came from someone greater than me.
   So, what talents/gifts do you have? How are you using them? 
   Romans 12:6

No comments:

Post a Comment