Saturday, January 30, 2016

Look to the Guiding Light

   So I’m going to tell you a mini story I’m sure most of you can relate to. A few months ago I was headed home from Jimmy Johns, where I was employed, around 10:30 PM. I was thinking about all the stuff I needed to do in the days to come. I started making a mini list in my head; and tried not to stress about all the things I needed to do.
   Then an amazing thing happened. I looked at the sky. It was a crystal clear night. I could see so many stars. But the best part was the moon. It was not a full moon but it still looked beautiful. I began thinking about how amazing it is to think about how God created everything in the universe. He has the power to create so many beautiful things. So then I thought about if God cares about His creation so much that means He also cares for me just as much as creation.
   The whole experience reminded me that I am not alone when I am trying to get things done. God is with me no matter what I am doing or what I am going through. This is difficult to remember when I feel so alone. I mean ever since I’ve seen A Cinderella Story I have totally related to Austin’s quote: “I can be surrounded by a sea of people and still feel all alone.”
   It’s in those times where I am super lonely that I need to remember that God is with me every step of the way. He’s as reliable as the sun coming up. True, we may not see the sun through the clouds but we can still see the light the sun gives off no matter how many clouds there are. That’s how God is. We can have so many problems that it seems like we are in darkness and God isn’t there. But, he is there through all the problems. You just need to look for His guiding light.
Psalms 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment