Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Back at 2015

   It is that time again. The time where we say goodbye to one year and hello to another. But, during that time people tend to think about the year we are saying goodbye to. And, for some people, that can lead to a scary word: regrets.
   People look back at what they did during the year and they may regret what they did or did not do. It may even be just a certain mistake has stuck with them throughout the whole year. But, is thinking about that mistake helping that person or anyone else? No.
   What thinking about that mistake does do is bring you down and stress you out. That’s why you need to give it over to God. No matter how bad the mistake may be he will forgive you for it. He loves you so much that he wants you to be a part of his family. In order to do that he sent his son to die for your sins.
   Some of you may know him already, others may not. See the great thing about God’s family is that it is always growing. And, even though you may not like everyone in your family, God loves everyone because he created everyone and everything. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, where you come from, or what point you are at in your relationship with God. He will forgive you. Now that doesn’t mean you should purposefully sin, but that’s a blog for another time.
   Finally, I want to go back to regrets. It has taken me a few years to realize this; but I now know that everything happens for a reason. I can look back at my life and see the mistakes I have made and see that they have happened for a reason. That’s why whenever someone asks me “what is your biggest regret?” I tell them I don’t really have any regrets. It’s taken me a while to say that; but I realize, in saying that, I am trusting God with my life. And, I like having him in the driver’s seat of my life a whole lot more than I like driving.
   So where are you at in your relationship with God? Do you need to ask him to forgive you for something you did this year? Do you have any regrets in your life? Do you trust God and believe that everything in your life happened for a reason?
   1 John 1:9, Romans 5:8, Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment