Saturday, November 19, 2016

Not Getting What You Want, But Getting What You Need

   Sometimes what you want isn’t always what you need. I have had a lot of things that I have wanted in my life; but God has said no. And, sometimes he has actually given me what I didn’t really want. After having a conversation with a friend on my team a few weeks ago I realized that I may not have wanted to play soccer but I needed to play soccer.
   Honestly, in my four years playing soccer at Lancaster Bible College there were times I didn’t really want to play for one reason or another. But, through it all God has made a way for me to play. I didn’t really know why it was so important for me to play soccer, but looking back I can see that it happened for a reason. I may not have wanted to play soccer, but I needed to play soccer. Soccer has taught me so much. I have learned how to be patient, how to be cool under pressure, and how to show more emotion. Along the way I made a lot of amazing friends. The friends I made in soccer have helped me so much and I can never thank them enough.
   The next time you wonder why God isn’t giving you what you want, or he is giving you the opposite of what you want just be patient. He does have a plan no matter what it may seem. I am so glad I trusted God to come up with a plan for my life. Because, if I didn’t, I would have made so many wonderful friends and grown so much.
   So, do you trust God? Are you willing to follow his plan for your life?
   Proverbs 3:5-6, Philippians 4:19, Matthew 6:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment