Saturday, May 21, 2016

A One Way Conversation

   For those of you who do not know me, I love The Lion King. It is literally my favorite Disney movie; and it has been for years. I do not just like the movie for the neat songs or the story line; I also like it because I am able to make so many connections to God in it.
   The other day I was watching a series based off of The Lion King called The Lion Guard. In the series Simba’s son, Kion, is in charge of the Lion Guard. They protect the Pride Lands. Many times Kion does not know what to do, so he calls on Mufasa for help. Mufasa gives Kion guidance, just like Mufasa gave Simba guidance in The Lion King, then Kion fixes everything by using that guidance.
   This whole exchange makes me think about how great it would be if I could talk to God that way. Do not get me wrong, it is great to be able to talk to God and know that he is listening. But, so many times the conversation seems one way. It is like I am talking but I do not get an answer. Have you ever felt like that?
   Then, as I was thinking about this, I realized that God does talk to us. He may not talk to us directly, like Mufasa talks to Simba and Kion, but he stills talk to us. I have found that God answers me through coincidences. He could answer through a song on the radio, a friend texting, something my professor said in class, or a message that is preached.
   It is strange how many times I am going throughout my day and I feel God pulling at me. It is difficult to explain. But, basically I feel my heart pulsing in my chest more than usual when I hear something, or read something, that I know is from God. He does communicate with us; it just may not be in the way we are expecting. In fact, I think it is better that he does not communicate with us directly. He communicates with us through his Spirit, which was his gift to us. It is through the Holy Spirit that we are able to have a personal relationship with him. And, even though I feel like I am not getting answers sometimes, I am so thankful to know that God is listening; and that he cares for me.
   So do you ever feel like God is not answering you? Have you ever thought about the fact that God may be talking to you through coincidences? How have you seen God change your life? Do you trust his plan for your life?
   Romans 10:17, Romans 8:9, John 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment