Sunday, May 22, 2016

Remembering the Maytown Community Nursery School

   Many of you may not know what it is like growing up in a church which is also a preschool. I do know what that is like. I also know what it is like having your preschool teacher go to my church. Many people do not remember their preschool teachers. I do, because I got the blessing of having my teacher go to my church. I also got the blessing of working at my preschool, so I got to know the staff there a little better. Each member of the staff has impacted me in different ways.
   The first member of the staff is Amy. I worked with her son in soccer; and I also coached with her husband. It was really neat to get to work with her even if it was for a short time. I want to thank her for taking over for me when I found out I had to go to school. I am amazed at how much she cares about everyone around her, how hard she works, and how understanding she is.
   Next is Chris. I want to thank her for helping me with the kids at certain times. Also, I really want to say a big thanks for taking over for me Tuesdays when I had school. Finally, thank you for all the little behind the scene things you do for the preschool.
   Sylvia, thank you for all the work you have done organizing things. Also thanks for dropping everything when we needed a hand with the kids. And, thank you for putting up with me when I forgot your name.
   Now I want to thank Nikki for helping me at the beginning of the year when I had no idea what I was doing, for asking me how things are going, and for the little things you have done for the kids and the teachers at the school.
   I had the opportunity to work with Mrs. J, or Mary, when the nursery school had a summer program. She agreed to give me a chance this year and that means the world. She worked with me, helped me out, encouraged me, and let me use what I learned at college in the classroom.
   Finally, there is Deb. Honestly, I do not know where to begin. For those of you who do not know, Deb knew me since I was a baby. She has impacted me my whole life from supporting me in my various activities to putting up with me volunteering at the preschool in the summer. And then you gave me the chance to work at the preschool. You giving me the chance to teach helped impact my decision to become a teacher.
   As previously mentioned, I was able to work at the Maytown Community Nursery School for 6 summers before this year. I got to see these amazing women in action. I got to be impacted by these women not only this year, but years before that. Because, the Maytown Community Nursery School has been a part of Maytown Church of God for years now. The Maytown Church of God has impacted the Maytown Community Nursery School and the Maytown Community Nursery School has impacted the Maytown Church of God. It is hard to imagine one without the other. Change can be a difficult thing, but we must move on.
   The legacy of Maytown Community Nursery School lives on, if not in anyone else then in me. But, there are other students out there; and even if they don’t remember everything about the Maytown Community Nursery School they have been impacted and changed by this school. 
   Ecclesiastes 3:1 & James 1:7

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words. It has been great to get to know you this year. You have such a kind and calm demeanor and an ease with the children. Good luck in all your endeavors.
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn, It has been a pleasure to watch you blossom over the years. Believe in yourself and continue to grow in faith. Teach with unconditional love. Together, it is a winning combination! Best wishes, Mary j

    ReplyDelete