Saturday, December 29, 2018

We Three Kings

   It is good to finally be back in the desert. I know that sounds odd but if you just dealt with what I dealt with you would know why I say that. It’s not that our journey didn’t have good things happen; actually the greatest thing happened in the world. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Who am I? I am one of the Magi.
   About two years ago I was looking up in the sky. You see, I enjoy watching the stars. I looked and I saw a new star had appeared. I conferred with my other Magi friends and we realized that this was the star of prophecy. The king of the Jews had been born. We set out immediately. We knew the journey would be long so we prepared our food and servants. We traveled at night and rested during the day. This helped us stay cool and helped us see where the star was.
   We arrived in Jerusalem. We decided to ask the ruler if he knew where the King of the Jews was. I thought that maybe the King would know where the child was. I was wrong. King Herod was a proud man. He talked like he actually cared about the child but my friends and I could see the greed and jealousy behind his eyes. But, who were we to judge this king? Herod asked us many questions and we answered him to the best of our ability. Then Herod told us that the child would be in Bethlehem. He asked us to come back to him after we found the child because he wanted to worship him too.
   We hastened our way to Bethlehem. The star went ahead of us. Finally, the star stopped. We were overjoyed. Then we saw the child. He looked about two years old now. We bowed down and worshiped him. This was the child of prophecy. This was the savior of the world. We were so amazed that we almost forgot our treasures for him. We opened the gifts of gold, incense, and myrrh. Then we left the family. Our journey was accomplished (Mat.2.1-12).
   We found a place to stay. While I was sleeping a dream came to me. I was told not to go back to Herod. I knew that my fears back in his palace were right. We returned to our country a different way.
   Looking back at it, people may have thought we were crazy to travel so far. We gave up our time, money, and treasures just for one glimpse of this savior. To me, it was worth it. This was the king of kings born and I got to see him face to face. For that, I would give up any treasure.
   So, would you give up time and money to see the savior? Will you go tell others about the gift God has given us?
   Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment